I feel so guilty for neglecting this space!
Since the launch of frank by The Genteel – a new arts and style journal – things have been hectic and at times overwhelming. But, everything is going well–most importantly, we are receiving great feedback from our readers/visitors! If you haven’t checked it out yet, head on over now!
In the meantime…here are some highlights from the last couple of months:
- Costume Designer, Jacqueline Durran, won an Oscar for her work in the film Anna Karenina. When I interviewed her – about the film and the costumes – back in September she talked so passionately about their process and vision, I was quite glad to see her win! You can check-out the interview here.
- I wrote this piece about Patti Smith and her photography exhibit, Camera Solo (currently on at the Art Gallery of Ontario). I can’t express how much of an inspiration Smith has been in my life. As well, since writing this piece I haven’t been able to stop listening to her album Banga and am re-reading Just Kids.
- I discovered the world of “Phillumeny” and wrote about it here.
- frank’s fashion expert panel weighed in on the Best Dresed and Worst Dressed at the Academy Awards; I chose Charlize Theron as my Best. Take a look at the rest here.
- Irene (Editor-in-Chief of The Genteel) and I recorded our first frank talk with movie maven Teri Hart – I found it very entertaining, the process, the conversation, and the end product. You can listen here.
- I spent 10 days in New York City for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week – I love NYC so it was such a pleasure, despite the busy schedule. Irene and I wrote a little something something in response to Susan Menkes’ “The Circus of Fashion” piece in T-Magazine. It’s gotten quite a few reads and Jeanne Beker (fashion pioneer) gave it a shout out on Twitter.
The photograph above is of Irene and I during NYFW – somewhere in between a presentation and a photo shoot.